Visually manage and organize your disk space - from Windows Explorer!
DiskView analyzes your disk space, understands it's structure, assimilates information, and presents it visually so that you can understand and manage your files and folders easily - without stepping out of Windows Explorer. DiskView helps you find big files at a glance, and visually shows how disk space is organized not only on your computer, but also on network shares and mapped network drives.
DiskView uses a combination of color, shape, size, texture and transparency to represent various attributes of the file-system - hidden files and folders are transparent, newer are bright, system files have distinctive patterns and file-system attributes are depicted with icons. With one glance, you can see which files and folders are taking up the most disk-space, and gain an intimate understanding of how disk space is distributed on your computer.
* Complete integration with Windows Explorer and the Windows shell.
* Coolest looking pie charts and bar graphs, with 3D look, textures and transparency!
* Shell context menu integration, pies and bars behave just like files and folders.
* Print support for DiskView reports, with custom headers and footer.
* Pie chart and bar chart report options.
* Export charts to PNG, JPG and BMP format, or copy to clipboard .
* Instant Charts: Instant generation of charts as you browse the file-system.
* Extremely configurable and customizable - easily change chart colors, label placement, print options, etc
* Integrated disk summary to see real-time disk usage of all drives.
* Reporting of actual size occupied on disk.
* Support for mapped network drives, as well as network folders with UNC paths.
* 'Size on Disk' and 'Relative Size' column-handlers for Windows Explorer details view .
* Integrated 'DiskView Folders' pane that shows relative folder sizes.
* I18N Localization
Keywords: Not Established
Recent Changes: DiskView 2.3 adds actual file and folder size reporting in addition to the 'size on disk' reports.
This version also resolves an issue with synchronization of disk usage reports with DiskView Analyzer.
DiskView features disk usage and file fragmentation reporting, enhancements to DiskView Column handlers, Visualizer and the Options pane, addition of scriptng ability and further improvements in performance, quality and stability leading to attainment of Microsoft's Verified for Windows XP status.
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: Pentium II 450 MHz or higher
PAD file URL: http://www.diskview.com/DiskView.xml