MarshallSoft GPS Component Visual Basic and .NET toolkit to read and decode industry standard GPS NMEA 183 navigation sentences from the RS232 serial port as well as computes great circle distances and bearings.
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
- Uses the Windows API for serial port input. No special Windows driver is required.
- Runs as a background thread unattended. MGC is fully thread safe.
- The most current GPS data is always available on demand.
- Includes support functions such as mgcGreatCircle.
- Can read any GPS NMEA 183 sentence, extracting each field
- Can read and decode GPGGA, GPRMC, GPGLL, GPGSA, GPVTG, GPBOD, GPWPL and
GPGSV navigation sentences.
- Can graphically display latitude and longitude.
- Can compute distances and bears.
- Provides ability to convert units.
- Works with Bluetooth serial.
- Work with USB ports that have a "USB to Serial Port" converter cable.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Supports Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7.
- MGC4VB is implemented as a standard Windows DLL, which will work with all versions of Windows.
- Supports 32-bit and 64-bit Visual Basic, Visual Studio and VBA (Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, etc).
- Can be called from any program that is capable of calling the Windows API.
- The license can be used with all supported computer programming languages.
- Can be purchased with (or without) source code for the DLLs.
- Documentation online as well as in printable format.
- Free technical support and updates for one year. Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
Evaluation versions are fully functional.
Keywords: gps component, bluetooth gps, rs232 gps, vb gps, usb gps, navigation sentence, nmea sentence, gps visual basic, gps library, gps control, visual studio gps, gps toolkit, gps software, gps vb.net, gps toolkit, control, visual, toolkit, gps serial, gps software, gps vb,
Recent Changes: Added support for 64-bits (Win64); Added $GPGSA sentence type; Fixed problem with leaking thread handle.
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: Visual Basic, Visual Studio or VBA
PAD file URL: http://www.marshallsoft.com/mgc4vb.xml